All prices advertised by Cheap as Prints are an invitation to treat and not an offer with the intention open to acceptance resulting in a legally binding contract.
The following Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any previous agreements, warranties, representations, undertakings or understandings between the parties and which will prevail over any and all terms and conditions, proposed by you The Buyer. No variation to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing between The Buyer and The Seller.
In entering in to this Agreement the Buyer acknowledges that it does not rely on any such representations which are not so confirmed. Please read them carefully and print a copy for future reference. Do not proceed with your purchase until you have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions in full.
Artwork & printing
- Preliminary Work – Any work carried out whether experimentally or otherwise at The Buyers request, shall be chargeable.
- Copy – A fee may be applicable to cover any additional work involved where artwork / copy supplied is not clear and legible or electronic files supplied are damaged or otherwise unsuitable.
- Image Copyright – We are unable to check the ownership of copyrights for images supplied to print. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you The Client are confirming that you have attained the relevant permission(s) to print the images supplied.
- Artwork Reproduction – Every effort will be made to obtain the best possible colour reproduction on The Buyer’s work but due to the nature of the processes involved, The Seller shall not be required to guarantee an exact match in colour or texture between The Buyer’s photograph, transparency, proof or electronic graphic file and the printed article.
- Proofs – Proofs of all work may be submitted for The Buyer’s approval and The Seller shall incur no liability whatsoever for any errors not corrected by The Buyer in proofs so submitted. Buyer’s alterations and additional proofs necessitated thereby shall be charged extra. When style, type or layout is left to The Seller’s judgment, changes there from made by The Buyer shall be charged extra.Due to differences in equipment, paper, inks and other conditions between colour proofing and production runs, a reasonable variation in colour between colour proofs and the completed job will be deemed acceptable unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Full Colour Printing – All reasonable efforts shall be made to obtain the best possible colour reproduction on The Buyer’s work but variation is inherent in the print process and it is understood and accepted as reasonable and The Seller shall not be required to guarantee an exact colour match or texture between the Buyer’s photograph, transparency, proof, electronic graphic file, previously printed matter (whether printed by The Seller or other party) or any other materials supplied by The Buyer and the printed article the subject of The Buyer’s order.
- Bespoke (made to order items/personalised items) – are exempt from the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (amended 2005), Part 13 Exceptions to the right to cancel- section c) This is because as per the Act they are made to the recipients specifications or are personalised, thus they are ‘made to order’ products and are only intended for the recipient.
- Variations in Quantity – Every endeavour will be made to deliver the correct quantity ordered, but estimates are conditional upon margins of 5 per cent for work being allowed for over’s or unders the same to be charged or deducted, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Paper Variance – Paper weights listed on our product pages are guaranteed but due to circumstances beyond our control, such as stocks held by the paper mills, paper brands can vary. In the event of a particular brand of paper being discontinued we will endeavour to find a suitable replacement.
- Company Imprint – Unless otherwise specifically requested in writing all work will carry The Seller’s Company imprint which will be positioned at The Seller’s discretion.
- Terms of Payment – goods and services are sold on a payment with order basis. The Seller does not sell goods or services on credit unless specified in writing.
- Payment Types accepted:
- All Major Debit / Credit Cards excluding American Express.
- Online Bank Payment: HSBC Bank, Account Number: 42167328, Sort Code: 40 – 45 – 19
- Late Payments and Surcharges: The Seller reserves the right to charge a penalty on overdue invoices and an additional administration fee to cover the debt recovery costs.
- Credit Card Payments – All credit card payments are taken in good faith. Fraudulent usage of this facility will be immediately reported to the relevant authorities and will be taken to have broken all contract terms. Deliveries to addresses other than the card holder’s invoice address may be declined.
- All production times are based in working days (Monday – Friday) and exclude all public holidays. The print production begins from receipt of payment and a written submitted artwork proof. Orders confirmed before 12 noon will begin production the same day otherwise it will commence the following working day. All production times are based on best estimates.
- We will always aim to despatch completed orders within stated lead-times but please note all dates shall be regarded as best estimates only unless confirmed to you in writing. The Seller shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or expenses suffered by you The Buyer or any other party as a result of any delay in delivery. Especially in cases where third parties i.e. subcontractors or carriers are involved. Neither will any such failure to meet a delivery date constitute a breach of contract on The Sellers part.
- Accepting Delivery by Carrier – Your purchase will be checked before packing and will leave us The Seller in good condition. It will then be fully insured whilst in transit to you. However it is a condition of the insurance contract, and therefore your responsibility to ensure that you, or anyone receiving goods on your behalf, check all goods delivered by carrier before signing for and accepting them. If any damage is found, you must sign and mark the carriers delivery note as ‘damaged’ and report the complaint to us within 24hrs of delivery. If the delivery note has been signed for as ‘accepted in good condition’, or similar you will be in breach of this contract and be effectively invalidating the insurance. As a result you The Buyer will have waived all right to claim for any repair or replacement.
- Please note that we cannot accept responsibility for any failure on the part of any courier or delivery service used to deliver goods nor can we accept any consequential loss incurred by the customer by any action or inaction on the part of Cheap as Prints or any agent acting on behalf of Cheap as Prints
- All production is custom work therefore The Seller cannot offer a refund. If your supplied file / confirmed artwork proof do not match your order please contact us so that we can arrange returning your products and re-printing your order.
- Order cancellation requests must be made to us in writing but your order can only be cancelled before it has been released for print production.
- All complaints must be made in writing within 5 working days of receipt of goods or such goods shall be deemed to comply as to quality and quantity within the terms of the contract.
- After reporting a complaint, samples must be received within 5 working days for investigation otherwise it shall be deemed that you have withdrawn your complaint.
- Claims in respect of non-delivery must be made in writing within 5 working days from dispatch.
Limitations on liability
The Seller shall have no liability:-
- For defective products and/or services whereby the defect has been caused or contributed to by The Buyer or where it is has been caused or contributed to by any Free Issue Materials and/or masters provided by you and/or arising from any drawing, design or specification supplied by you.
- To The Buyer if problems with defective products are not reported to us within 5 working days from the day you received the products.
- For damage, loss, liability, claims, costs or expenses caused or contributed to by The Buyer’s continued use of defective products and/or services after a defect has become apparent or suspected or should reasonably have become apparent to The Buyer.
- Unless The Buyer provides a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which The Seller is liable before you incur any costs and/or expenses in remedying the matter By The Buyer. Failure to this by The Buyer, The Seller we shall have no liability to this matter.
- If The Seller has included any items in products supplied which are incorrect and/or have failed to include any items in products supplied which should have been included then no liability for such error except to rectify the error and reimburse The Buyer for the cost of returning the defective products to The Seller rectify the error.
- The Seller shall have no liability to The Seller for any: – Consequential losses; – Loss of profits and/or damage to goodwill; – Economic and/or other similar losses; – Special damages and indirect losses; and/or – business interruption, loss of business, contracts, opportunity and/or production.
- Force majeure – The Seller will not be liable for breach of contract arising from or caused by, directly or indirectly, force majeure, war, strikes, riots and civil commotions and natural disasters